As much as we would like to trust that there will be power 24/7 for 365 days of the year, which is not always the case. In these moments are when generators come in. A generator will keep your house conducive, phones and computers on, and your kitchen appliances functioning in the event of a power outage.
Most generator sales take place during major storms. This essentially means that most buyers purchase generators when a power outage occurs and due to the rush, they tend to buy just any electrical power generation tool they find. This results in people buying generators that either does not fulfill what they require or generators that they are clueless on.
Purchasing of generators in haste can also lead to improper installations and use of extension cords which is highly frowned upon with the use of generators. Below we have compiled a list of the top five generators around. This list will guide your generator purchasing skills and sharpen them in time for effective purchase of power backup solutions or before the occurrence of a power outage. Thus you can purchase the right backup power generator for whenever you need emergency power
The following are some of the best emergency power generators in the market today. They include;
This seven horsepower air-cooled engine produces about 3,300 to 4,000 watts of power. The Duromax XP12000E is effective for RV support, as a household back up system, job sites, and sporting events. The functional power of this generator can support most household appliances or camping needs when you need emergency power in your home or when you simply want to be out in the woods. Its power panel comes with a volt meter, circuit breaker, and start switch. The voltage offered by the generator for high power tools and home appliances is one 120volt, 30 amp outlet, and two 120 volt 20amp outlet. The fuel capacity of the generator allows it to work on uninterrupted for over 8 hours on a half load with just 4 gallons of gas. The noise control mechanism of the DuroMax is due to it being made of pure steel frame and isolated motor mounts. It comes with a one-year limited warranty and comes with additional safety features which include automatic low oil shut down and protection from power surges.
Pros- it is inexpensive
- It is user-friendly
- It has strong power output
- Its spare parts are easily available
- it gives off little to no noise.
Specs• Rated: 9,500 watts Surge: 12,000 watts
• Dependable 18 HP EPA approved gas engine with automatic low oil shut off
• Heavy duty frame with four Point fully isolated motor mounts for Smooth quiet operation
• Full power panel with oil warning light, volt meter, circuit breaker and power outlets
• 8.3 gallon fuel tank yields a run-time of 10.0 hrs. at 50-percent of maximum power output
The Briggs & Stratton is a good choice for campers and individuals who enjoy tailgating. It is a compact light duty power source. Like is to be expected with other products associated with the Briggs & Stratton name, this generator which is a newer model of the 30553 lives up to the standard of excellence. It operates on 1700 watts running power and starts up with 2200 watts. The running power of 1700 watts allows it to start basic household amenities in the event of a power outage. This generator comes with parallel outlets which can be used alongside the inverter to generate more power.
Pros- The 30651 Briggs & Stratton generator comes at an economical and budget friendly price
- It is relatively quiet.
Specs• Quiet and fuel efficient 111 cc OHV engine produces 2,200 starting watts and 1700 running watts
• Produces less than 3% total harmonic distortion making it safe for laptop computers, TVs and game systems
• 1-gallon fuel tank for up to 8 hours of continuous operation at 25% load, USB port allows charging of portable electronics in order to stay connected
• Parallel connector port allows connection between 2 units for more power
• At 59dB operating volume, it’s quieter than a normal conversation (Sound levels may vary based on proximity and location; measured at ¼ load at 7 meters from control panel side)
The champion power equipment generates an outstanding amount of power for its size. It works on 3100 watts for start-up which allows for multiple appliance usages in a household. This generator is compact, and its size leads for convenient usage in different locations. Apart from the convenience of its size, it comes with wheels which make movement so much easier. The tires on the generator are unlikely to get flat, and its ergonomic handles make carrying it easy.
The champion power equipment 75537i comes with additional features that add to its ease of use and make it one of the best-rated home generators.
Features such as a remote control allow users to start the generator wirelessly. Another feature is that of a USB adapter that allows you to charge mobile phones and tablets easily. With attention being paid to our environment, this generator comes with an eco-mode. This utilizes fuel in an effective manner with limited wastage. It automatically changes to the idle mode so that fuel is not being consumed by a full load service.
Pros- The generator delivers a high amount of power
- There is little to no fuel wastage
- The presence of wheels allows for easier transport of the generator.
Specs• Wireless Remote - Start and stop up to 80 ft. away and operates at a quiet 58 dBA, great for RVs, campsites, cabins and more
• 3100 starting watts and 2800 running watts with up to 8 hours run time on a full tank of gas
• Quiet, lightweight, portable and powered by a reliable 171cc Champion engine with Clean Power (<3% THD), clean electricity for powering sensitive electronics
• RV Ready Outlets - 120V 30A RV, two 120V 20A household and 12V DC outlets with Clean Power (<3% THD), clean electricity for powering sensitive electronics
The DuroMax XP4000S is one of the most reliable compact RV generators available. The durability of this generator makes it one of the best-rated home generators in the market. It has been known to last for long periods of time, and this cuts out additional costs of buying a new generator. Its design was engineered specifically for the purpose of durability. The engine has little risk of stalling due to the air cooling function of the generator. If you are looking for a compact generator that delivers sufficient power while being economical and environmentally friendly, this is a perfect fit for you. It provides amazing power output while minimizing fuel usage.
Pros- it starts up rather easily
- the engine is very reliable and can stand the test of time
- comes with a strong support base
- It is not as noisy as other generators when used to generate electricity
- Maintenance is rather easy, and the generator is safe to use.
Specs• 4400 Watt Surge/3500 Watt Continuous
• 4 Gallon Gas Tank/8 Hour Run Time
• Electric Key Start/Includes Battery
• EPA Approved
• Automatic Low Oil Shut Off
The added benefits of this generator make it stand out even against other champion power equipment generators. It's RV receptacle, and remote electric start makes it a good pick for the average outdoor enthusiast. The “intelligence" gives off quick and accurate volt and Hertz readings alongside proper operating hours gauge. The convenient nature and "intelligence" nature of this generator make it widely used by outdoorsmen and tailgaters alike for power generation.
Pros:- provides outstanding power generation for its price
- it can be started remotely from a distance of 80 feet
- manual start-up can be achieved with one or two pulls making it one of the best power generators for your home
- it is reliable and highly durable; operates on a relatively quiet basis
- It runs effectively even on half a load.
Specs• RV Ready - Equipped with a standard 30A RV outlet, enough power to start and run a 15,000 BTU RV air conditioner
• 4-stroke OHV engine that produces 3500 running watts and 4000 starting watts
• Powered by a reliable 196cc Champion engine with Cold Start, optimized to start easily in cold weather
• Outlets - 120V 30A locking, 120V 30A RV, 120V 20A household outlets all secured by Volt Guard, protects your appliances from power surges