TOP 5 SURVIVAL MULTI-TOOLSA multi-tool can always comes in handy, no matter the activity. Whether you're a hunter who enjoys walking on the edge of life, or a hiker who loves challenging routes, a multi-tool is an essential aid for any circumstance.
A multi-tool is essentially a pocket-sized toolbox. It contains every tool you might possibly need when outdoors and can be a great gift for adventurous individuals who love the outdoors. The question is, which is the best survival multi-tool and how can you find it?
One of our objectives is to make it easier for you to prepare for your adventure in nature. This article contains all factors that are essential to keep in mind when picking the right multi-tool and also provides information on the 5 best survival multi-tools on the market.
FACTORS TO CONSIDER WHEN SEARCHING FOR THE BEST SURVIVAL MULTI-TOOL
1. PURPOSEBefore choosing a multi-tool, you need to figure out the purpose for which it is needed. Is it going to be used simply around the house for everyday tasks or is it meant for trips through nature?
2. FUNCTIONALITYMost multi-tools come with a wide variety of features that usually include: magnifying glasses, scissors, toothpicks, mini screwdrivers, etc. When choosing a multi-tool for survival, focus on the tools that you will need the most.
3. IS IT EASY TO USE?When choosing a survival life multi-tool, you also have to consider if it is user-friendly. How easy is it to handle? The right multi-tool should be easily accessible, conveniently stored, and easy to grip.
Now that we have an understanding on what a multi-tool should contain, we have put together the following list of the top 5 survival multi-tools below:
The handles of the TTI are made of titanium, which is nearly as strong as steel, but is only half the weight. The Leatherman survival multi-tool weighs in at 8.2 ounces which is noticeably lighter than the super tool. It also comes with a wider range of functions.
- Round handles for easy grip
- Tools are secured in place
- S30V stainless steel knife blade
The Cable Dawg contains all tools that a communications professional might possibly need, including: spring-loaded wire and cable cutters, RJ45 crimper, multiple drivers, CAT5 jacket cutter, wire strippers, etc.
- Installation of switches, electrical outlets, Ethernet cables, etc
- Perfect for communications personnel
The multi-tool comes with different segments which all have 3 different tools. The alternating links place each tool opposed ends. This gives the leatherman a jagged feel to it.
- Stainless steel
- User and travel-friendly
Whatever you might be looking for, you can be sure to find it on the SwissChamp. It comes in black and red and is approximately 3.58 inches in length and a width of a little over 1 inch. Its weight is about 7 ounces.
- Wide range of tools
- Easy to use
- Highly durable
- Replaceable scraping tool